Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A Working Girls Dinner

So I did return to work yesterday. It turns out all of the fretting was for naught. Our sitter came and after a high five to the twins, Little Sprout came to me and blurted out "Go to work mom". I was a bit taken aback but at the same time very glad to know he was just fine with my departure. Let the party begin is what he was thinking! All went very well at work and on the home front.



Baby butterfly did not take much of her bottle but had not a word of complaint either. I have a great dinner in a pinch for anyone who could use it on a work night or any other night. Very simple, fast and SO delicious!







Ingredients:

Any vegetables you favor roasted - I used carrots, parsnips, potatoes and onionsolive oil

spices - I used all spice, tarragon, & garlic salt


One Rotisserie chicken - I opted for 3 lb chicken at Costco for $5, cooked and hot, can't beat it!!


Simply microwave the veggies until tender (10 minutes).


Place on a cookie sheet toss with spices and olive oil, roast (400 degrees F) for 15-20 minutes until browned.


Arrange veggies around rotisserie chicken on a platter and serve.




1 comment:

Ruby Red Slippers said...

I am so glad that your day and the twins day -and baby butterfly's!- day went well!
I was thinking of you!!!
LOVE your chicken idea-the roasted veggies make it look like out of a 1950's perfect mom dinner that she slaved all day cooking!
Love it-and will copy ASAP.

Ps: I do believe Costco uses milk in the chicken,though-Our littlest one can't eat it-so check that out for your baby Butterfly-
LOVE to all of you!